For some reason I had a small bowl of puréed sweet potato in my fridge. I made up a batch in my Thermomix but I really didn’t know what to make with it. I decided to go on a search for something healthy, yet tasty and maybe chocolatey. I found a crazy number of recipes for chocolate, Paleo brownies. I particularly liked Not Quite Nigella’s recipe so I set off to make them… But because I’m quite the recipe rebel, I improvised and adapted it and so the ‘Power packed Paleo slice’ was born! Complete with icing!
300g sweet potato purée
60g coconut flour
1 ripe banana – broken into pieces
50g nut or seed butter
1 whole, ripe avocado
70g maple syrup
3 TBS cacao powder
1 TBS Great Lakes gelatin (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) and line a slice tray.
2. Add all slice ingredients to food processor and process until all is combined and a batter is formed. Or add to Thermomix for 30seconds/ speed 5 – scrape sides and repeat if needed.
3. Place in slice tray and bake for around 45-50minutes.
For the icing…
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth or in a Thermomix 30seconds/ speed 5 – scrape sides and repeat if needed.
2. Ice the slice once it has cooled completely.
Until next time,